Wednesday 6 November 2013

Amazing eggs http://genedoe.wordpress.com/2010/09/29/in-your-grandmothers-womb-the-egg-that-made-you/


My grandmother as a young woman in the 1930's.



My mum and dad on their wedding day in the 1960's.
Nature never ceases to marvel and amaze me.

http://genedoe.wordpress.com/2010/09/29/in-your-grandmothers-womb-the-egg-that-made-you/

The "Russian Doll" concept. When my grandmother was pregnant with my mum, the the egg that created me was formed inside my mother when she was a fetus in my grandmother's womb. The same will apply to me if I am expecting a girl, from when mum was pregnant with me, but, I have chosen (again) not to find out the gender of my baby.  All the more fun guessing in my book and having a surprise which in this case will be an early Christmas present.
I had a recent scan at 34 weeks (on Hallowe'en incidently, and no, no vampire teeth suddenly showed up on the ultrasound thank goodness, or 'Alien' like stomach break outs happening, shudder!! Or cravings for raw steak like 'Rosemary's Baby'). Everything was on track. Then at the follow up Antenatal Clinic appointment the midwife commented that I was part of a rarity of mothers these days not finding out the sex of their baby before they are born.  I suppose practicality is a big reason for finding out now, especially for single mums, time to prepare and some find it helps them bond more... but then again it could just be plain old curiosity and the fact that in this day and age it's the norm. When you're pregnant it is one of the 2 questions people always ask you, When are you due? and Do you know what you're having?

I quite like the old fashioned way of not knowing though. It's probably going to be another boy. But then it feels different this time so it could be a girl?


Boy or girl? 34 week scan, it's more fun guessing...

No comments:

Post a Comment